In a recent publication, CNN has gone
ahead to publish a list that shows how corrupt our former leaders are
and how much they looted from our treasury. I
think this should guide President Buhari in his corruption fight
looking at the amount of money this guys looted, though his Minister
Rotimi Amaechi is at number 11. Obasanjo ranks number one in the list,above IBB. Other ones would shock you.
1. Oluesgun Obasanjo – He stole $25 billion from 1999-2007 ($16.4 from power sector alone)
2. Ibrahim Babangida – He stole $15 billion from 1985-1993 ($12.4 billion from oil wind fall in 1990)
3. Abdulsalam Abubakar – He stole $9 billion from 1998-99
4. Sani Abacha – He stole $7 billion from 1993-1998
5. Ahmed Bola Tinubu – He stole and
continues to steal from Lagos State treasury since 1999 till date. It’s
estimated that he has stolen $6 billion so far.
6. TY Danjuma – He fraudulently got
enriched through oil blocks from the Niger Delta worth $20 million in
the 70s after the counter coup. Those oil blocks worth billions of
dollars in today’s value.
7. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi – He stole $1.2 billion as CBN Governor from 2008-2014.
8. Bukola Saraki – Through his father,
Olukola Saraki, their bank, Societe Generale and as a governor of Kwara
State (2003-20111) he stole $1.1 billion
9. Nasir El Rufai – Before he was made the FCT Minister, El Rufai was broke, homeless and waslooking for loan to import taxis from
the UK. After he was made the minister, he seized landed properties that
belonged to Nigerians and resold them with huge profit. It’s estimated
that he stole $1 billion from 2003-2007.
10. Tunde Fashola – He is the poster boy
of Tinubu. Boht of them looted Lagos dried and left it in debt of about
N1 billion. Fashola, among other thing built his personal website for
N78 million, drilled borehole for over N100 million per each and built a
kilometre road for N1 billion. He stole $900 million from 2007-2015.
He’ll soon be a minister to continue the looting.
11. Chubike Rotimi Amaechi – From 2007
to 2015, he stole $700 million and $150 million from that money was used
to sponsor Buhari and APC.
12. Atiku Abubakar – When he as asked by
our reporter how he made his money, he simply said “he was always at
the right place at the right time.” Atiku is an astute businessman, but
through shady deals, he stole $500 million from 1999-2007.
13. James Ibori – He stole $150 million from 1999-2007 as governor of Delta State. He’s servinghis term for money laundering in the UK.
14. Amina Mohammed – This woman was the
founder of Afri-Project Consortium (APC) that was in charge of all PTF
Projects during Abacha’s regime. About $125 million was stolen from PTF
accounts from 1994-1998. Buhari has just nominated the same woman as a
minister to continue to stealing.
15. DSP Alamieyeseigha – He stole $120
million and was arrested for money laundering. He pleaded guilty and
long served his term.
16. Sule Lamido – He stole $110 million
between 2007-2015 and out of that amount, $50 million was found in his
sons’ bank accounts. He was arrested and detained for days together with
17. Rabui Kwankwaso – He stole $100
million as a governor of Kano State. EFCC has arrested many of his aides
and they are “singing” how they siphoned the money.
18. Kashium Shettima – this governor has stolen about $80 million and still counting.
19. Rauf Aregbesola – he has milked Osun State to the tune of $60 million.
20. Kayode Fayemi – this former governor
stole $40 million and stashed some part of the loot in Ghana. He was
reportedly bought a bed for N50 million.